maandag 20 april 2009

Art Antiques Fair Den Bosch

This Sunday I went to a fair I'd never gone before Art and Antiques Fair Den Bosch.

My conclusion: It wasn't a complete waste of time.

That is not a very positive remark. But I am not very positive. Art and Antiques Fair Den Bosch(in short AFH) is a pale shadow of a fair like Primavera. AFH is an old fair established in 1967 but its glance is fading. The antiques are now being replaced by contemporary art to attract younger visitors. As a young visitor (really 36 and still young) I skipped all Antiques, glanced a few times over the modern art and had a thorough look at the contemporary art. I actually saw four booths with nice art. None of them however had any pioneering art. No Tinkerbel here, this was art for the living room to replace the reproduction from Monet above the couch. Not boring, but not shocking either. As for the children's room of waiting room. Nice to look it, but in no way confronting or with a second layer. To see what I mean a nice picture from Willy Rojas. Very nice for a children's room who will enjoy it. But it cannot keep my mind busy for more than 10 seconds.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten