maandag 6 april 2009

Hear, hear... latest purchase

Like I wrote in my previous post. Last week I purchased a small work of art.
This time I didn't buy it through a benefit auction. I bought it at a gallery. The gallery Artolive is physically based in the culture park "Westergasfabriek" in Amsterdam. However that is not really important. Its virtual base is far more important. It's an online gallery with over 60,000 pieces of art. I often use it as a kind of database. I estimate that about 30 percent from the less known Dutch artists can be found on Artolive. And sometimes I find pretty things. Although pretty is in this case not the right adjective. Eerie is more in place.
I bought this work from Irina Babiouk. She was born in Russia. Nowadays she lives in the Netherlands. She graduated this year from art school. (St. Joost)

The work is called "Ear" and this is her description:
"All of the human body are energy nodes. A paranormal woman once told me that the ear is comparable to the foetus. As vulnerable and as source... puncture this with piercings and the energy nodes are wounded which are vital for the foetus."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten