vrijdag 3 april 2009

more lists

In a previous post I wrote about my two lists of artists. The list with artists I own works from and the watch list. The latter consist of artists I think are interesting to buy work from, but I haven't done so. You can find those lists at the right hand side of my blog.
A few days ago I added a third list, the alas list. These are artists I like but won't buy work from. There are plenty of reasons I don't put them on my watch list. The main reason is I want to keep my watch list small. Because the supply of art is huge I can maintain a high standard. Because I have a third list I won't "lose" the artist but can still reconsider her position. The price is an important factor in my considerations. I just decided to put Erwin Olaf on my alas list. He was on my watch list, although in group E. I like his work, but he is way too expensive. I'm afraid Hellen van Meene and Carla van de Puttelaar will leave the same way. Remarkable is that they all are represented (or in stock) by the Utrecht-based Flatland gallery. For me the Gallery out priced itself. However there are many collector with much deeper pockets than mine. So Flatland won't need my purchases. While writing this I realised one of my guiding principles. Because I like collecting and buying art I don't want to spend my yearly budget for a few works. I want to buy many works and the only way to collect this way is by buying many cheaper works.
This finally takes me to my fifth list. (My fourth list is still work in progress)
On this list I put the specific works of art I want to buy. This is less intuitive way of buying art then I'm used to, but this is the only way to more or less structure my collecting. After 36 year I got to know myself. I like too many thins so must force myself to enforce my own collecting policy.
There are 6 works of art on my want list. Three of them are form Marije Arends (Arends means "from the eagle")I just own now one picture from her, which shows in this post.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten